100 THINGS U NEED TO KNOW ABOUT 2NE1
One of the hottest K-Pop idol girl groups is coming to town! They’re not just anyone, but 2NE1! This group has been close to the hearts of the Filipinos since one of their members, Sandara Park, had her acting career in the Philippines and was known to be the “Pambansang Krung-Krung”. Other than that, we know you’d want to know more about each member. So we’re giving you this “100 Things U Need To Know About 2NE1”.
CL (Lee Chae Rin) – Leader, The One and Only Baddest Female
1. During her childhood years, she frequently traveled with her family, because of her father’s occupation as a Physics professor.
2. Recently, it was revealed that CL’s father, Professor Lee Ki Jin is not only a physicist but also an author for children’s stories.
3. Languages she can speak – French, Korean, Japanese & English.
4. CL used to be a JYP trainee and shared dorms with So Hee. She was said to be very close to both Ye Eun and So Hee.
5. She became a YG trainee in 2006 after she personally handed her demo to YG Entertainment. She was originally supposed to debut as a solo artist but eventually became the leader of 2NE1.
6. She was featured in a song recording of Big Bang’s “Intro (Hot Issue)”. However she was not credited.
7. Her dream is to become an American rapper like Lil Kim.
8. On a radio interview, CL revealed that she used to wear boy school uniform to school since they don’t have pants for girls.
9. CL’s nickname when she was in Japan was “Pig-rabbit”.
10. CL-roo was coined for many terms such as “Ahh go go go!!!” & “Oh my Gawdddd” that she often used in 2NE1TV.
11. She is the birth mother of Tam-Tam, which was later on adopted by Sandara.
12. She is not really good with computer, but she does know how to use iTunes and use internet to search for pictures of Teddy.
13. CL is a clean freak. She is in-charge of the overall cleaning and organizing of their living quarters.
14. CL used to be a translator between local and foreign dancers. She learned hip-hop from them.
15. She also knows other various dances, including jazz and ballet.
16. CL was raised as a Roman Catholic.
17. If given an opportunity, she wants to try to live in Egypt, Africa, and Greece.
18. Known as the “sleepy head” of 2NE1, the longest she had ever slept is 20 hours.
19. She has a sexy mole on her chest which was revealed due to her daring white outfit for “Heartbreaker” performance at 2009 SBS Gayo Daejun.
20. CL never cries in front of 2NE1 members.
21. She gave one of the robots from “Can’t Nobody” MV to Teddy for his room.
22. Her choice of coffee is Americano.
23. CL is attracted to things that have spikes.
24. She wrote her rap in G-Dragon’s track, “The Leaders”.
25. On 2NE1TV, she said that she can draw very well, but only when she’s drawing lion-bear, pig-rabbit, and duck-snake.
BOM (Park Bom) – Main vocalist
1. English name: Jenny Park.
2. Languages she can speak: Korean, English, Japanese.
3. Bom resided in America for six years as an exchange student.
4. She enrolled in Lesley University with a major in Psychology, then transferred to Berklee College of Music to pursue her music career.
5. Before she came to YG Entertainment many years ago, Bom decided to audition in SM Entertainment, but was rejected.
6. Bom was rejected by YG Entertainment the first time she auditioned but that didn’t stop her. She continued to knock on YG’s door for the next 3 years and was finally accepted as a trainee.
7. Her debut was on MBC show Music Core on November 25, 2006 alongside Big Bang’s GD and TOP performing Big Bang’s “Forever With You”.
8. She was hired as the Hyori look-alike for Lee Hyori’s last Anycall commercial film, prompting her to record her own version of Anystar, with G-Dragon replacing Lee Junki with his own version of lines.
9. She was featured in some songs by her seniors, namely Big Bang’s G-Dragon and T.O.P, Lexy and RedRoc together with Masta Wu.
10. PARK BOM LOVES CORN!
11. She has named American singer Mariah Carey as one of her biggest influences who inspired her to get into music.
12. Bom is the youngest child in her family but the eldest member in 2NE1.
13. Bom revealed that the group was originally planned by YG to be a 3 member group with Goo Hye Sun and Sandara Park.*
14. She has 2 dogs: Choco and Danchoo (button).
15. Bom really likes to eat healthy foods and her favorite is deer belly button.
16. Instruments she can play: piano, cello, flute.
17. Bom has been revealed to be doing the “Lettuce Diet” to lose weight.
18. Bom is often mistaken to be the singer Dia. Fans have compared Dia’s looks and powerful vocals to Bom.
19. She is known to be a shy person, very secretive and emotionally touched quickly.
20. Bom used to sleep walk.
21. Teddy revealed that Bom is fond of drawing heart shapes in her lyrics.
22. Bom’s ideal type is Jay-Z.
23. She had a part in GD & TOP’s “Jibe Gajima” but was edited out.
24. Her nickname is “Bbang Bom,” meaning “Bread Bom”.
25. Out of 2NE1, she has the most number of fans in her individual fancafe in Korea.
DARA (Sandara Park) – Sweet-voiced vocalist
1. Her unusual three-syllable Korean name, which she has talked about numerous times during interviews, comes from a Korean general, Kim Yushin, whose childhood name was “San Da Ra”.
2. Dara used to be celebrity in the Philippines. She appeared in movies, dramas, commercials, and released a ong collection, which achieved 2x platinum status in sales.
3. She used to be an actress and student at the same time. She is excellent in Math and Physics.
4. Her younger brother is Park Sang Hyun, known to be “Thunder” of the Kpop idol group MBLAQ.
5. Yang Hyun Suk of YG Entertainment discovered Dara after seeing the KBS documentary, “My Name is Sandara Park”.
6. Dara trained under YG Entertainment for 3 years before debuting in 2NE1.
7. She stands out the most among all the other members of the other girl groups. She has several fanboys and admirers attached to her name. To name some are 2PM’s Wooyoung, FT Island’s Choi Minhwan, Park Hae Jin, MC Mong, MBLAQ’s Lee Joon, 2AM’s Seulong, Kim Taegoon, U-KISS’ Kevin, and Lee Jung Suk.
8. She became popular for her palm tree hairstyle during the Fire days which was parodized by various artists. She also set the trend by popularizing tenggu hair, apple hairstyle, byeomeori (the one with the braid in front), and many other various hair styles.
9. Dara’s hometown is in Busan, and she speaks the Busan dialect.
10. She cited Uhm Jung-hwa, as the one she looks up to because of her beauty, sexiness and cuteness all rolled into one polished package.
11. Dara always texts instead of calling because she thinks it gets awkward when you call someone.
12. She has a birthmark on her right leg that she had always covered up with leggings or socks during her celebrity years in the Philippines. That’s why she didn’t wear shorts and skirts.
13. Dara has a habit of stealing other member’s cellphones and putting her picture as a wallpaper.
14. Kim Ji Eun was her vocal trainer.
15. Dara’s kissing scene with Bigbang’s T.O.P in Gummy’s MV “I’m Sorry” was revealed to be just a camera trick.
16. Dara was voted by the rest of the members to be the best at variety shows.
17. She said she likes to wear jeans and T-shirts and usually wears them at home.
18. Dara was the first member to release a single featuring fellow member CL’s unique rapping skills in the song entitled “Kiss”.
19. She is a big fan of Lee Hyori. She a member of LH fancafe.
20. Dara’s favorite Filipino food is sinigang na hipon. She is good in peeling shrimps.
21. She is afraid of dogs and big animals, particularly that of G-Dragon’s dog Gaho.
22. She deletes the number of the person who doesn’t reply to her messages. She even deleted the number of 2NE1 members once.
23. In an interview, she stated that her ideal guy is Korean actor Won Bin.
24. Dara was dubbes as the “Me2day Queen” because of gaining 200,000 followers that said to be the largest number of followers for a celebrity.
25. Among the members, only Dara eats ramyun/ramen.
MINZY (Gong Min Ji) – Maknae, The dancer
1. Minzy is the grand daughter of dancer and actress Gong Ok Jin, who was a performer of Pyeongshin choon.
2. Minzy went to the same dance company, Millyohrae Joy Dance Academy and Plug In Music Academy, with Bigbang’s Seung Ri, Yunho, and KARA’s Goo Hara.
3. There was a video of Minzy dancing that was uploaded in the Internet and got many hits and praises for her dancing ability. Because of her rising popularity, YG contacted her and recruited her.
4. Originally she was supposed to debut in Japan with ex-YG trainee May Doni, who left YG Family for another record label.
5. She joined YG Entertainment when she was in 6th grade.
6. Minzy has a Gundam collection.
7. She loves taking photographs and wants to be a professional photographer someday.
8. She is the best cook among the 2NE1 members.
9. She sings 24/7 even when she is not on stage or on rehearsals.
10. Yang Goon loves her so much that he gave her a nickname, “Brilliance”.
11. Minzy confessed on Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook that she sometimes has trouble understanding lyrics.
12. Minzy likes cross stitching.
13. She called herself as “Bom Junior” because of her exercising and dieting.
14. She is known as the “child that G-Dragon adores even more than Seungri”.
15. She cited famous entertainer Michael Jackson as her musical influence.
16. She’s a member of 문미엔 (Moonmien), which stands for “Christian meeting for culture media entertainment workers”. It has small scale worships and prayer meetings. Siwon (Super Junior), Tiffany, Yoona, Hyoyeon & Sooyoung (SNSD), Jungjoon, Kim Junghwa, Yang Donggeun, Kim Soohyun and Ryu Won are also members of 문미엔
17. She is a huge fan of Usher.
18. Minzy is known for her thick lips.
19. Minzy can dance sexy to any song even if it’s a children song.
20. She loves wearing dresses and skirts.
21. She is noted for her popping and locking dance skills and it has seem to be her signature moves.
22. She wanted to be a contemporary dance choreographer but ended up to be a singer.
23. Minzy loves songs from ’90s and ’70s even ’80s trot songs.
24. She loves to read and if she start something, it is hard for her to stop.
25. Minzy loves puppies, but a bit scared of dogs.
Written by 2NE1PH
Taken from Kpop All the Way FB Fanpage
Photos added by renKa002 of Letsplay2NE1
Photo credit: Nikon Korea